Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Meath

02 October 2014

1863 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Julianstown, Co. Meath

Architect: Welland & Gillespie / J.F. Fuller Parts of the nave of the current church was constructed in 1770 on the site of an earlier church. The church has been restored, rebuilt and...

02 October 2014

1791 – Tower of Lloyd, Kells, Co. Meath

Architect: Henry Aaron Baker An 18th-century lighthouse folly in the form of a giant Doric column, surmounted by glazed lantern, erected to the memory of Thomas Taylor, 1st Earl of Bective, by his...

30 September 2014

1850s – Balloon House, Drumlargan, Co. Meath

One of a pair of similarly eccentric gate lodges built for Summerhill House. According to local legend, “An architect was asked to design two gate-lodges to be placed at the end of the...

30 September 2014

1750 – Bellinter House, Assey, Co. Meath

Architect: Richard Cassels Bellinter House was home to the Preston family for nearly two centuries and is one of the finest examples of country architecture in Co. Meath. Bellinter House was built in...

29 September 2014

1830s – Sion House, Navan, Co. Meath

Sion House was one of the residences of the Dunville family and it was used by them as a base for their pursuit of hunting. It was bought in the late 1870s by...

05 June 2014

1873 – O’Ferrall’s, Kells, Co. Meath

Architect: John P. Davis Alteration and enlargements by Trim-based architect John P. Davis. A fine shopfront with private entrance to living accommodation to one side. Stylistically what is now expected as Irish country...

07 March 2014

1883 – Carrollstown House, Trim, Co. Meath

Architect: John P. Davis Completed by June 1883, for P.J. Dunne, JP. “The entrance hall is beautifully laid out with encaustic tiles, and is separated from the staircase or inner hall by marble...

18 February 2014

1760 – Dowth Hall, Co. Meath

Architect: George Darley Dowth Hall dates from c.1760 and was built for John, Viscount Netterville (1744-1826), and probably designed by George Darley. According to theirishaesthete.com: “The real delight of Dowth lies in its...

18 February 2014

1700 – Platten Hall, Co. Meath

Architect: Sir William Robinson Construction started circa 1700 for Alderman John Graham. According to Maurice Craig, possibly designed by Sir William Robinson. Demolished in the 1950s. Replaced by a smaller house on the...

Pages:12Next »