Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Monaghan

29 September 2009

1878 – Leslie Memorial, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Sir John Leslie Designed by Sir John Leslie in memory of his brother Charles from whom he inherited the estate.

29 September 2009

1763 – Church of Ireland, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland Simple Church of Ireland by the Board of First Fruits with a tall slender tower and long nave. The tower is all that remains of the 1670 church erected by...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland & Son A simple and austere Church of Ireland set on a hillside overlooking the small village of Killeevan, the tower and spire were later additions. The external detailing of...

29 September 2009

1911 – Church, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Simple single cell church set on a hillside with a plain rendered finish, heavily remodelled in 1910-11 by William A. Scott. The concrete and bell tower of 1919 by...

29 September 2009

1790 – Former St. Luke’s Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Set in an old graveyard, now only the tower remains of this former Church of Ireland. The stepped tower has a simple Georgian doorway surmounted by a plaque with a Latin inscription. A...

29 September 2009

1891 – Church of St. Peter, Laragh, Co. Monaghan

Laragh near Broomfield, in County Monaghan is a former mill village of which little remains. In the 19th century there was a lot of activity in the flax industry in the area. Sited...

29 September 2009

19th C. Mullan Village, Co. Monaghan

Mullan village is located close to the Armagh border, a few miles to the west of Emyvale Co. Monaghan in the town land of Mullan. It consists of a mill which has housed...

29 September 2009

1845 – Corrigan’s or Emy Mill, Co. Monaghan

Corrigan’s or Emy Mill is located about a half mile to the south of Mullan. This impressive ten storey mill was probably built as a spinning mill originally. This building subscribes to Mc...

29 September 2009

1846 – Dartrey, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn Also known as Dawson Grove, Dartrey was built in 1846 and designed by William Burn as a large Elizabethan Revivial mansion to replace an earlier house on the site. Built...