Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Monaghan

26 February 2010

2003 – Unbuilt Monaghan – Monaghan County Offices

Architects: uv architects The competition was an open two stage architectural competition for the design of new County Headquarters for Monaghan Council at the Glen, Monaghan.

30 November 2009

1850 – New Stables, Dartrey, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn The Dartrey New Stables are a purpose built stable block with enclosed cobble yard from the early nineteenth century to designs of William Burn who designed the now demolished Dartrey...

30 September 2009

1986 – Garda Station, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Office of Public Works Large L-plan building on three levels designed by the Office of Public Works as a regional centre for the Irish police. The building is bland, fails to address...

30 September 2009

1907 – Post Office, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Robert Cochrane Twentieth century post office with attractively curved windows to the public office. Fairly standard brick with stone trimmings treatment commonly used on post office buildings of this period in Ireland.

30 September 2009

1936 – Water Tower, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Engineer: Patrick McCarthy The town Water Tower is sited on a prominant hill overlooking the town and is built of reinforced concrete. Unlike many of these towers, the Monaghan tower has one wide...

30 September 2009

1917 – Former Bone Hospital, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Harrison Wilson Tucked away in a corner of the St Davnet’s Hospital grounds is the former Bone Hospital. Built overlooking the town, the building features large canopied terraces for the patients...

30 September 2009

1900 – First Presbyterian Church, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Roome & Boag Incomplete, this church in Old Cross Square was intended to have a tall slender spire. It is a pity that this never occurred as it would have improved the...

30 September 2009

1900 – Former Provincial Bank, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Clarke Fine stone and brick Georgian house of around 1830 with later banking hall adjoining added around 1900. Now unused as a bank, the banking hall has a toplit central space...

30 September 2009

1860s – County Museum, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Two stone faced brick houses converted into a premises for Monaghan County Museum. The building has a good stone balustrade around the roof level.


Skip to toolbar