Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Monaghan

29 September 2009

1881 – Christ Church of Ireland, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan

Architect: J.H. Fullerton A simple Church of Ireland sited on one of the two highest points in Ballybay, the other now home to the later Catholic Church. Unusually for such a small church,...

29 September 2009

1836 – Castleshane, Co. Monaghan

Originally a medieval house on the site was constructed in 1591, this Elizabethan or Jacobean style house was built in 1836 for the Lucas Scudamores. Castleshane consisted of a four storey tower with...

29 September 2009

2008 – County Library, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Keith Williams Architects Opened in June 2008, the new County Library for Monaghan is intended to be a part of the regeneration of the town,. The new library was designed by Keith...

29 September 2009

2002 – Largy College, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Anthony Reddy Associates Modern secondary school with a rather more striking appearance than is usually normal with projects where budgets are king. Produced as part of a Public/Private Partnership Bundled Schools Initiative,...

29 September 2009

1926 – Former Great Northern Railway Engine Shed, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: F.A. Champion Legend has it, that a member of the local Madden family who were major shareholders in the Great Northern Railway visited Milan. While there, he visited a new railway engine...

29 September 2009

1874 – Hilton Park, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Hague Originally known as Maddenton, Hilton Park was redesigned by William Hague (primarily a catholic church architect) in 1874. Originally it may have been rebuilt after a fire in 1804 by...

29 September 2009

1835 – Hilton Park Dovecote, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James Jones An interesting feature of the Hilton estate is the vast tower over a gateway into the farm yard to the rear of the house. This dovecote with its medieval appearance...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland The fine Church of Ireland in the Diamond in Clones dominates the town and area, as it can be seen for several miles as you approach the town. It is...

29 September 2009

1844 – Former Library, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Deane Butler A fine symmetrical building by William Deane Butler. It was originally built as a market house and the ground floor is arcaded, although the openings have now been filled...