Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Offaly

19 January 2010

1805 – Farm Yard, Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: Francis Johnston Fabulous little stableyard with Tudor castellations and doorways. The central archway in each range leads to upper living accommodation. The buildings are in poor repair but there are some lovely...

19 January 2010

1760 – D.E. Williams House, Patrick Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: George Ross Built of coursed limestone and set back from the street, this house stands out from the predominantly rendered street elevations. Impressive in its distinctive mid eighteenth-century design, the house was...

19 January 2010

1730 – Round House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

This street has many houses with Georgian detailing, but this house stands out with its Gibbsian doorway projecting through a curved bay on the front of the house.

19 January 2010

1800 – House, Cormac Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Two impressive houses creating an imposing corner on the outskirts of Tullamore. Both have good quality doorcases and a fine staircase can be glimpsed in one through its windows. Originally built as one,...

19 January 2010

1789 – House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Large high quality and high status house in rubble stone with cut stone dressings set back from streetline.

19 January 2010

1789 – Market House, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Pentland A fine stone building with a ground floor that was originally arcaded with a meeting room above. Unfortunately as in so many cases around the country, the ground level has...

19 January 2010

1786 – Tullamore Town Hall, Co. Offaly

Originally known as Acres Hall after the developer or building speculator Thomas Acres, this fine house is now home to Tullamore Urban Council. This is a beautifully proportioned house, well maintained.

19 January 2010

1835 – Courthouse, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John B. Keane Burnt out in 1922, the Courthouse was rebuilt and also re-modelled in 1925 with the addition of external windows, and the removal of the statue of Justice over the...

19 January 2010

1830 – Former Gaol, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Killay Now the entrance to a factory, only this massive machiolated gatehouse remains of the old Gaol. Completed in 1830 the gaol received prisoners for over a hundred years until the...