Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Roscommon

19 March 2012

1810 – Rockingham, Boyle, Co. Roscommon

Architect: John Nash Originally built as a two storey house for General Robert King by John Nash. In 1822 an extra floor was added and after a fire in the 1860s it was...

19 March 2012

1730 – French Park, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Richard Cassels Large three storey mansion with two storey wings connected by simple curved sweeps. Similar in design to houses at Strokestown and the Bishop’s Palace at Elphin. In 1952 Lord de...

28 November 2011

1227 – St. John’s Castle, Rinndown, Co. Roscommon

Built in 1227 by King Henry III of England, populated by up to 1000 people in it’s heyday. Destroyed, ruined and forgotten in less that 150 years, one of the most important medieval...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

22 October 2010

1876 – Convent of the Sisters of Charity, Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Small gothic revival convent by O`Callaghan with the nuns accommodation separated from the chapel by a small two-stage tower and belfry. Now disused but intact.

Pages:« Prev123