Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Sligo

30 December 2009

1850 – Railway Station, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Built in the early 1850s by John Skipton Mulvany, the architect of the sublime Broadstone station in Dublin, the station was burned out during the Irish Civil War. This...

30 December 2009

1852 – Hyde Bridge, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Sir John Benson This is the main bridge in Sligo and was built between 1848-53 by local architect and engineer Sir John Benson. Originally it was dedicated to Queen Victoria but has...

30 December 2009

1730 – St. Mary the Virgin & St. John the Baptist Cathedral, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Richard Cassels A much modified Georgian Cathedral with Victorian glass and fitttings from 1890, the Cathedral of St. Mary the Virgin and St. John the Baptist, John Street, is the oldest building...

30 December 2009

1250 – Dominican Friary, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Known locally as the Abbey, this Dominican Friary was founded in the mid-13th century by Maurice FitzGerald, Baron of Offaly. The Abbey has had a turbulent history, having been destroyed by fire in...

30 November 1999

1899 – Yeats Memorial Building, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Vincent Craig Originally designed as the Royal Bank by Vincent Craig, brother of the first Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, Lord Craigavon. After the formation of Allied Irish Bank, it was donated...

Pages:« Prev123