Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tipperary

28 July 2015

1869 – High Altar, Lattin, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Earley & Powells “The altar and reredos, illustrated in our present number, are made in Caen stone, Irish and Italian marbles. The altar-table is one slab of Sicilian marble, supported by Galway...

27 May 2015

1860 – Former Railway Hotel, Goold’s Cross, Co. Tipperary

Small country hotel set back from the road, close to the local railway station. Now a public house, the walls to the front yard have been removed for parking.

27 May 2015

1849 – Railway Station, Goold’s Cross, Co. Tipperary

Opened in 1849 on the Great Southern & Western Railway’s main Dublin to Cork line, later a junction to the Cashel Branch line. The building has a three-bay single-storey station block anda three-bay...

27 May 2015

1895 – Galtee Castle, Skeheenarinky, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Alfred Darbyshire Originally constructed as a hunting lodge for the 2nd Earl of Kingston, ca 1780, and later remodeled in 1825 by the 3rd Earl. In the 1850s, the Kingstons were forced...

03 July 2014

1865 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Killenaule, Co. Tipperary

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Designed by leading Irish church architect J.J. McCarthy, the foundation stone was laid in 1859, with the church largely complete and used for mass by 1865. Not built as illustrated,...

27 February 2014

1867 – Shooting Lodge, Slievenamon, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane Shooting lodge and offices for Marquess of Ormonde. Estimated cost: £3,000. Published in The Irish Builder, December 15, 1867.

20 February 2014

1134 – Cormac’s Chapel, Rock of Cashel, Co. Tipperary

Cormac’s Chapel, consecrated in 1134, is the most important building on the Rock of Cashel, from an architectural point of view. Begun in 1127, it is a very sophisticated structure for a Irish...

11 September 2013

1814 – Swiss Cottage, Cahir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Nash A “cottage orné” built in the early 1800s by Richard Butler, 1st Earl of Glengall to a design by the famous Regency architect John Nash. The house was not designed...

12 July 2013

1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary

The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in...


Skip to toolbar