Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tipperary

04 April 2013

1819 – Templemore Abbey, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Constructed on the site of an earlier house, Templemore Abbey was a vast neo-Gothic mansion designed by one of the masters of the genre in Ireland, William Vitruvius Morrison....

28 March 2013

1890 – William O’Brien Arcade, New Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Robert P. Gill In 1888-9, tenants of the local landlord, Arthur Smith Barry, withheld their rents in solidarity with his tenants in Co Cork. They were evicted and, under the direction of...

09 March 2013

1812 – Church of Ireland, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: James Sheane This church is a fine example of early nineteenth-century church architecture in Ireland. Originally designed by James Sheane, whose name is inscribed on a datestone in the tower, the church...

09 March 2013

1902 – Methodist Church & Hall, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: George F. Beckett Lovely little Methodist church with unusual front porch with attractive stonework. The spirelet to the top of the gable adds to the picturesque effect of the building. Photograph courtesy,...

09 February 2013

1869 – Church of St. Cronan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Deane Butler / John Sterling Butler Work on Roscrea’s fine Roman Catholic church took many years, with the foundation stone being laid in 1843. However the Famine stalled work, and it...

05 November 2012

1813 – Lismacue, Bansha, Co. Tipperary.

Architect: William Robertson The present house was completed in 1813 to the design of architect William Robertson. Located just outside Bansha in Co. Tipperary.

21 October 2012

1840s – Kilcooley Abbey, Co. Tipperary

In Burkes Guide to Country Houses, Kilcooley Abbey is described as a large winged house, build circa 1790 by Sir William Barker, 4th and last Baronet whose family had previously lived in the...

19 October 2012

1790 – St. John the Baptist’s Church, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Roberts / Walter G. Doolin Designed by John Roberts the original structure of this church dates from the late-eighteenth century while the tympanum and other so-called embellishments were added by W.G...

19 October 2012

1732 – Former Archbishop’s Palace, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Originally the residence of the Church of Ireland archbishops, until they moved to Waterford. Designed by Edward Lovett Pearce for Archbishop Theophilus Bolton, this Palladian-style building is finished in...


Skip to toolbar