Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tipperary

11 November 2009

1142 – Cahir Castle, Co. Tipperary

Once the stronghold of the powerful Butler family, the castle retains its impressive keep, tower and much of its original defensive structure. It is one of Ireland’s largest and best preserved castles. It...

17 September 2009

1882 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Templemore, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in 1877, this fine Gothic revival church by George Ashlin is largely intact inside. As published in The Building News, October 4th 1878. pened for celebration of mass in...

17 September 2009

1877 – Mooresfort Chapel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Unbuilt proposal for private chapel published in The Building News, December 7 1877.

17 September 2009

1876 – Tipperary Town Hall, Co. Tipperary

Architect: T.G. Jackson The only Irish work of Oxford-based architect Thomas Jackson, the former townhall is now refurbished as a local theatre after a period of neglect, and several fires. The interior was...

09 March 2009

1889 – Town Hall, Banba Sq., Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Robert P. Gill Still extant, but now in use as Nenagh Arts Centre. Constructed as a 3-bay buiulding with fine round-headed doors and windows.