Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tyrone

17 July 2014

2014 – Fire Station, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

Architect: HLM Architects HLM Architects in conjunction with Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) developed a bespoke suite of training facilities including a fully enclosed tower for ladder, smoke, breathing apparatus and...

02 June 2014

1710s – Knox-Hannyngton House, Dungannon, Co Tyrone

The site contained a castle from the early 15th century, which was the headquarters of the O’Neills until the Flight of the Earls in 1607. The land was seized and granted to Sit...

06 May 2014

1884 – Railway Station, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills The railway line to Strabane from Omagh originally opened in 1847 and was run by the Irish North Western Railway. After the takeover by the Great Northern Railway in...

02 May 2014

1862 – Seskinore House, Fintona, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Boyd & Batt The house was heavily remodelled and extended for George Perry McClintock. in 1862 to a design by Derry and Belfast-based architects Boyd & Batt. Demolished in the early 1950s.

16 April 2014

1910 – Ulster Dairy School, Loughry, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William A. Scott Founded in 1910 as the Ulster Dairy School, and now part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The college took over the Loughry Manor estate, constructed...

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Closed in February 1965, it was opened by the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway in May 1852. It was taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1883. The GNR...

09 April 2014

1887 – Railway Station, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Aughnacloy was the head office of the Clogher Valley Railway and is the most substantial building on the line. The Clogher Valley was a 37 mile long, narrow gauge railway, opened in January...

08 April 2014

1883 – Railway Station, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Another one of William H. Mills’ characteristic polychromatic stations for the GNR – yellow brick relieved with black, brown, and purple courses. Constructed to replace an earlier LER station...

01 April 2014

1880 Railway Station, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Coalisland railway station closed in the late 1950s and is now largely gone.

Pages:1234Next »