Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tyrone

09 April 2014

1887 – Railway Station, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Aughnacloy was the head office of the Clogher Valley Railway and is the most substantial building on the line. The Clogher Valley was a 37 mile long, narrow gauge railway, opened in January...

08 April 2014

1883 – Railway Station, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Another one of William H. Mills’ characteristic polychromatic stations for the GNR – yellow brick relieved with black, brown, and purple courses. Constructed to replace an earlier LER station...

01 April 2014

1880 – Railway Station, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Coalisland railway station closed in the late 1950s and is now largely gone.

01 April 2014

1790c – Drumcairne, Stewartstown, Co. Tyrone

A fine late Georgian house, used by the Earl of Charlemont as his home after Roxborough Castle was burnt in 1922.

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

19 March 2014

1876 – St. Mary’s Church, Broughderg, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Closed in the 1980s and replaced by a modern church nearby. Now semi-derelict. “This church us being built in a mountain district of the extensive parish of Lower Badmey, county...

31 January 2014

1923 – Northern Bank Buildings, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Henry Seaver Fine brick and stone bank on a barrow wedge-shaped corner site. No longer in use as a bank, but now a cellphone store, the carved lettering “bank” still visible over...

19 August 2013

1869 – Orange Hall, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Louch & Wilmot Designed by architect Fitzgibbon Louch, of Derry. Louch had previously been based in Dublin, and later Belfast, before emigrating to Katikati, New Zealand in 1875. His most famous Irish...

15 May 2013

1877 – Christ Church of Ireland, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Kennedy Described as the new St. Comghall’s Church in the architecture press, but named Christ Church. The foundation stone was laid on Tuesday, November 17, 1874, by the Duchess of Abercorn,...