Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Tyrone

10 April 2013

1812 – Garvey House, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Francis Johnston A large three-storey, seven-bay house, for local MP, Nathaniel Montgomery Moore. The house was named after his mother’s maiden name. Ultimately the cost was said to have been £70,000, which...

13 December 2012

1765c – Stuart Hall, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Stuart Hall was built in the 1760s for Baron Stuart, later Viscount Castle Stuart. It was originally a three-storey Georgian house, joined to an old tower-house by a 19th century Gothic wing. More...

28 November 2012

1865 – Trinity Church and School, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Church for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, presumed by Welland & Gillespie, and consecrated in 1861. Exterior is brown basalt with sandstone trimming. The adjoining school is now demolished.

28 November 2012

1803 – Killymoon Castle, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Killymoon Castle is one of John Nash’s earliest castles, built ca 1803 for William Stewart MP, incorporating part of the previous house which was burnt ca 1800. Built on a...

28 November 2012

1829 – Drum Manor, Kildress, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Hastings Rebuilt in 1829 by Major Richardson Brady in a heavily symmetrical and very flat “Regency Baronial” style. Later extended and romanticised by William Hastings who added a four storey tower,...

13 November 2012

1807 – Lissan Rectory, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Picturesque Italianate villa, for Rev. John Molesworth Staples (nephew, by marriage, of James Staples of Killymoon Castle, also designed by Nash. This is Nash’s only Italianate composition in Ireland. Later...

19 July 2012

1842 – Roxborough Castle, Moy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Murray / William Barre Seat of the Earls of Charlemont, and originally built in the 18th Century but heavily remodeled by the second Earl in 1842, his architect being William Murray....

01 December 2011

1871 – St. Patrick’s Church, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Originally published in the journal The Builder, 4 March 1871. Illustration of building as planned by McCarthy.

30 November 2011

1781 – Baronscourt, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Soane, Richard Morrison, William Vitruvius Morrison Originally built as a 5-bay, 3-storey house for James Hamilton, 8th Earl of Abercorn in 1781 by George Steuart. Remodelled a couple of years later...