Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Waterford

19 March 2013

1864 – North Station, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Waterford originally had two railway stations – the North Station, where the current station is today – and the South Station, near the old Waterford Stanley plant. The station opened on 26 August...

19 March 2013

1849 – Indian Gate, Dromana Estate, Villierstown, Co. Waterford

Architect: Martin Day The “Hindu-gothic” Indian gate designed by a local architect Martin Day. The design is a strange combination of Gothic and Oriental styles and is the only Irish example of the...

01 January 2013

1859 – Turkish Baths, Hardy’s Rd., Waterford

Architect: Richard Barter

20 December 2012

1861 – Church of the Holy Cross, Tramore, Co. Waterford

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The interior of this fine gothic revival church has been completely vandalised by the movement interpreting the Vatican II guidelines. Instead of fine marble fittings, the interior has a rough...

23 September 2012

2008 – Waterhaven Tower, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: CJ Falconer & Associates Unbuilt proposal for tower on former Waterford Stanley industrial site. Designed as “an iconic 119-metre, 32-storey building with 22 floors of apartments above 10 floors of offices.” Site...

31 August 2012

1884 – St. Carthage’s Church, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin St Cartage’s Parish Church was officially opened in 1884, and is regarded as one of the finest examples of Lombardo-Romanesque churches in Ireland. Red sandstone, quarried locally, and white...

28 August 2012

2012 – Museum of Treasures, Waterford

Architect: Waterford City Architects Situated between Cathedral Square and the Bishop’s Palace, Waterford’s latest museum is a tribute to Medieval Waterford and life in the city during that period. The exterior has beautiful...

26 February 2012

2011 – Mount Melleray Abbey, Co. Waterford

Architect: dhb architects Mount Melleray is a functioning monastery of Cistercian monks. This project required the reordering of part of the monastery to provide a new accommodation wing for the monks. Until the...

20 February 2012

1889 – Munster & Leinster Bank, Waterford

Architect: Arthur Hill Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later replaced by a building completed in 1925. The Munster & Leinster Bank was formed in 1886, and this was their first...