Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Waterford

26 February 2012

2011 – Mount Melleray Abbey, Co. Waterford

Architect: dhb architects Mount Melleray is a functioning monastery of Cistercian monks. This project required the reordering of part of the monastery to provide a new accommodation wing for the monks. Until the...

20 February 2012

1889 – Munster & Leinster Bank, Waterford

Architect: Arthur Hill Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later replaced by a building completed in 1925. The Munster & Leinster Bank was formed in 1886, and this was their first...

04 April 2011

1866 – Gurteen le Poer, Gurteen, Co. Waterford

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Constructed for Edmond de la Poer, whose family has held land here from Norman times. Construction commencing in 1863, and was completed in 1866, to designs by Samuel Ussher...

23 March 2011

1818 – Design for Glencairn Abbey, Co. Waterford

Architect: Richard Morrison Largely unbuilt scheme for a client who died shortly after the design was commissioned. Although a house was actually built, it was to a more reduced scale and ambition –...

18 February 2011

2006 – Garter Lane Theatre, Waterford

Architect: Diamond and Schmitt Architects The restoration of Garter Lane Theatre in Waterford, Ireland (2006) preserved the historic eighteenth century Quaker meetinghouse setting of this 200-seat auditorium. Diamond and Schmitt refurbished the dressing...

04 February 2011

2009 – Waterford Health Park, Co. Waterford

Architects: dhb architects Built between 1842 and 1863 and designed by AWN Pugin according to his ideal monastery plans in ‘True Principles’, this building was a convent until 2005. In early 2006 dhb...

15 March 2010

1948 – The Hydro, Tramore, Co Waterford

Architect: Patrick Sheahan Opened in 1948 ‘The Hydro’’ had a staff of seven and housed a number of sea baths as well as a restaurant. Demolished.

09 January 2010

1890s – Waterford Castle, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Romaine-Walker A small Norman keep that was extended and “restored” in the late 19th century. An initial restoration took place in 1849, but it was English architect W.H. Romaine-Walker who extended...

13 November 2009

2000 – Bus Station, Waterford

Architect: Iarnród Éireann Architects Modern bus station sited on the Waterford quayside. With infrastructure being improved across Ireland in the early twentyfirst century, new bus and train stations have appeared. This is one...