Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Waterford

15 March 2010

1948 – The Hydro, Tramore, Co Waterford

Architect: Patrick Sheahan Opened in 1948 ‘The Hydro’’ had a staff of seven and housed a number of sea baths as well as a restaurant. Demolished.

09 January 2010

1890s – Waterford Castle, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Romaine-Walker A small Norman keep that was extended and “restored” in the late 19th century. An initial restoration took place in 1849, but it was English architect W.H. Romaine-Walker who extended...

13 November 2009

2000 – Bus Station, Waterford

Architect: Iarnród Éireann Architects Modern bus station sited on the Waterford quayside. With infrastructure being improved across Ireland in the early twentyfirst century, new bus and train stations have appeared. This is one...

13 November 2009

1872 – Granary / Museum Of Treasures, Waterford

Old granary building converted into a local museum. A new annex has been constructed (1998) to act as entrance-way and reception for the building, which is a substantial structure of six floors and...

13 November 2009

1922 – Hibernian Insurance (Former Bank), Waterford

In the early twentieth century, most Irish towns had several banks. Over the years, a series of mergers resulted in the group AIB being created, and duplicate branches closed. This is one such...

13 November 2009

1911 – Allied Irish Bank, Waterford

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Fine early twentieth century bank building with a wonderful curving corner entranceway. Extended, 1922, comprising single-bay three-storey end bay to east taking away the symmetry of the design. This...

13 November 2009

1925 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Waterford

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon One of the finer bank branches in Waterford and now sadly no longer used as such. A series of bank mergers in the mid to late twentieth century meant...

13 November 2009

1875 – Former National Bank, Waterford

Architect: Brett & Sons Elaborate commercial premises designed in a Ruskinian Gothic as offices for the National Bank of Ireland. In good repair, the building has decorative polychromic brickwork above a granite ground...

13 November 2009

1876 – Post Office, Waterford

Architect: James Ryan or E.T. Owen Designed by the relatively unknown James Ryan, who may according to some historians have spent time in the Board of Public Works, or possibly by E.T. Owen...


Skip to toolbar