Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Westmeath

07 March 2013

1902 – St Columcille’s Church, Ballynahown, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William Hague Designed by William Hague but completed after his death by his younger partner T. F. McNamara. Tower and spire look to have been constructed over time, with different stone –...

07 March 2013

1865 – Methodist Church, Northgate St, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Unusual looking Methodist church with two side gateways incorporated into the main facade, surmounted by two solid pinnacles. Like many Methodist chapels of the period in the UK, it...

22 January 2013

1814 – Moydrum Castle, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Richard Morrison Described in 1837 by Lewis, “About a mile and a half from Athlone on the Leinster side of the Shannon is Moydrum Castle the handsome residence of Viscount Castlemaine a...

13 April 2012

1851 – Former MGWR Station, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany The MGWR Station or East Station was designed by John Skipton Mulvany and opened in 1851. It closed in 1985 when the station for Athlone was transferred to the...

14 February 2012

1780s – Baronston House, Ballynacargy, Co. Westmeath

Baronston also known as Baronstown, was a three-storey centre block joined to two-storey wings by curved sweeps. In 1903, a large, gabled, Edwardian villa was constructed on the site of the central block,...

15 November 2011

1862 – Gateway, Knockdrin Castle, Co. Westmeath

Architect: John McCurdy Castellated entrance on Mullingar side of Knockdrin demesne, for Sir Richard Levinge, Bt.

28 April 2011

2004 – Athlone Civic Centre and Library, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Keith Williams Architects Completed in 2004, the Civic Centre, Library and Centre Square are the main focal points of a strategic master plan for the regeneration of Athlone.

03 February 2011

1838 – Killucan Market House, Co. Westmeath

Fine stone market building with five wide arched opening at ground level with two floors of storage above, reached by an external stair.

03 February 2011

1802 – St Etchan’s Church, Killucan, Co. Westmeath

There has been a church on this site since the time of the Normans. The present church on the site dates from 1802. Inside this church is a 13th century font. On the...