Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Wexford

18 March 2014

1906 – Barrow Railway Bridge, Co. Wexford

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker Built across the border of counties Wexford and Kilkenny between 1902 and 1906 to designs by Benjamin Baker, it is the longest railway bridge in Ireland at 2,131 feet...

14 March 2014

1845 – Wells House, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: Daniel Robertson Tudor Gothic remodelling of house, and landscape scheme, in progress during the period 1835-45 for the Doyne family. The earlier house, originally built in the late 1600s, had been used...

10 April 2013

1869 – Ballynastragh, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Largely remodeled by G.C. Ashlin in the late 1860s for local MP Sir John Esmonde, and destroyed in an arson attack in March 1923 when it belonged to his son...

18 March 2013

1843 – St. Patrick’s Church, Clonevan, Co. Wexford

Architect: Frederick Darley St. Patrick’s Church at Clonevan (also spelt Clonevin) is in the Church of Ireland parish of Ardamine, County Wexford in the Diocese of Cashel and Ossory. The church was erected...

18 March 2013

1861 – Christ Church, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: Joseph Welland Aan impressive church built in the ‘Modern English style’ to designs prepared by Joseph Welland on a site originally donated by Stephen Ram of nearby Ramsfort House. The church possibly...

01 March 2013

1871 – Loftus Hall, Fethard-on-Sea, Co. Wexford

Loftus Hall is a gaunt, three-storey nine-bay mansion of 1871, with rows of plate-glass windows and a parapet. It incorporates parts of a previous, late 17th century house. The house stands near the...

01 March 2013

1846 – Old County Gaol, Wexford, Co. Wexford

The most striking element of the Old County Gaol is the curiously flat almost cardboard cut outcut-like entrance constructed in 1846. It is built of random squared rubble red sandstone and capped by...

01 March 2013

1775c – Taylor’s Castle, Wexford, Co. Wexford

A georgian house, with extended windows and Irish-style castellations. Another view in the Lawrence Collection, in the National Library, taken in the early 20th century, shows it closed-up and semi-derelict. Mostly demolished, between...

19 October 2012

1869 – Church of Ireland, Bunclody, Co. Wexford

Architect: Joseph Welland / William Burges The original church was by Thomas Cooley, but little now remains of it, after the Ecclesiastical Commissioners largely rebuilt it in 1869. Then the galleries were removed,...

Pages:1234Next »