Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Wicklow

15 July 2014

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glenealy, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This was the final commission of the Pugin & Ashlin partnership; finished by Ashlin alone, and built on land given by Mr Tighe of Rossanagh. The west front is...

03 July 2014

1864 – Tinode House, Blessington, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Caldbeck Tinode House was burned to the ground in 1922 by the IRA, and has since been partially rebuilt. Part of the entrance front was reconstructed as a single storey as...

15 April 2014

1868 – Violet Hill, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty A medium sized country house, originally finished in brick, and now rendered and painted. The stables and part of the house have been converted into apartments. For a time in...

26 March 2014

1886 – Parochial Hall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Phillips Figgis Irish-born architect who was articles to Alfred G. Jones before moving to London, where he had a long career. His only recorded work in Ireland is this parochial hall...

04 October 2013

1789 – Christ Church, Delgany, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Whitmore Davis / Joseph Welland / John McCurdy Founded in the late 1780s, built by Peter La Touche at a cost of £5,000 and possibly designed by Whitmore Davis, with later work...

14 August 2013

1860 – Old Connaught House, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Lanyon & Lynn A fine Tudor mansion by Charles Lanyon of Lanyon an Lynn, in the late 1850s, and completed by 1860. Published in The Builder, March 5 1859. “This mansion is...

03 July 2013

1811 – Castle Howard, Avoca, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison Built 1811 around the fabric of an earlier house. The house is designed part in Romantic Castle style and part in Abbey style. Described by Mark Bench-Jones as “a...

14 March 2013

1884 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard O’Brien Smyth Selected after an architectural competition, and constructed between 1882-84. In plan, cruciform with a porch to the north-east and a tower to the south-west. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of...

14 March 2013

1860 – Carmelite Monastery, Delgany, Co. Wicklow

Architect: John Sterling Butler The Carmelite presence in Delgany dates back to 1844 when a monastic community was founded from Warrenmount in Dublin. Still active today, the monastery is now housed in a...