Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Wicklow

31 December 2009

1957 – St. Mary’s Church, Coolfancy, Co. Wicklow

Simple barnlike church with rendered exterior and small belfry on gable. Largely rebuilt in the 1950s.

31 December 2009

1819 – Shelton Abbey, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison The ancestral seat of the Earls of Wicklow was the palatial Shelton Abbey, near Arklow, County Wicklow, which remained in the family until 1951. Detached eleven-bay two storey former...

31 December 2009

1860 – St. Joseph’s Church, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

Architect: John Bourke Designed by John Bourke around 1860, this is a fine gothic revival church with a symmetrical composition. The main entrance porch is in the projecting tower. The interior is wide...

31 December 2009

1150 – Baltinglass Abbey, Co. Wicklow

Baltinglass Abbey is one of the most important Cistercian abbeys of Leinster. and was founded in 1148 by Dermot McMurrough, king of Leinster. It was the second house to be colonised from Mellifont....

31 December 2009

1740 – Powerscourt House, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard Cassels Just outside the village of Enniskerry, Powerscourt Estate dates from the mid-eighteenth century. The house was built for Richard Wingfield, a descendant of Sir Richard Wingfield, and a member of...

31 December 2009

1743 – Dunlavin Market House, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard Cassels The market house was built around 1743 and designed by Richard Cassels. Originally a cruciform building, the corners are filled by colonnades. All the archways have now been closed up,...

17 September 2009

1878 – Dominican Convent, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Hague

17 September 2009

1875 – Hume Mausoleum, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James Brooks The Hume mausoleum is behind the Church of Ireland Church and is a massive structure of granite ashlar half sunk into the earth with the doorcase half below ground level.The...

Pages:« Prev1234