Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

College Green Dublin

22 November 2011

1790 – Daly’s Club House, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Elevation of Daly’s Club House, College Green, 1823 Wide Street Commission Map 445/2. Part of the facade still remains. Daly’s Club House, was a gentlemen’s club in Dublin, Ireland, a...

17 October 2010

17th C. – West Front, Trinity College Dublin

Illustration of the original west front of Trinity College, as illustrated in Charles Brookings map of 1728. Demolished in the 1750s.

17 February 2010

1885 – Commercial Union Building, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Designed in 1879 by Thomas Manly Deane of T.N Deane & Son as offices for the Commercial Union Assurance Company, this is a fine exercise in Scottish Baronial...

16 February 2010

1803 – Former Houses of Parliament / Bank of Ireland, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Edward Pearce, James Gandon, Robert Parke, Francis Johnston This was the first purpose built Parliament House in the world and was constructed at a great time of public confidence in Dublin. The...

16 February 2010

1867 – National Irish Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray & Sir Thomas Drew Originally this Bank opened as the Union Bank in 1867 with only four bays on College Green and two on Church Lane. it was designed...

16 February 2010

1891 – Ulster Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew One of the most magnificent bank buildings in the city with a pompous over-blown doorway, the customer enters with a sense of impending magnificence. Unfortunately, the banking hall was...

16 February 2010

1893 – Former Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn A former branch of the Allied Irish Bank in a striking red sandstone and with an unusual circular corner tower. A fine interior hall contains a balcony level (perhaps to...

08 February 2010

1759 – West Front, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Theodore Jacobsen Until recently it was assumed that two english architects Henry Keene and John Sanderson were responsible for the design of the main west front of Trinity College. However newer evidence...

Pages:« Prev12