Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

convent

19 December 2012

1870s – Loreto Convent, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Although a convent and school still exists on this site, the buildings illustrated are either gone or unrecognisable. The school was started in 1857 when they took over the house with curved bays...

23 July 2012

1912 – Former St. Joseph’s Academy, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: Joseph-Azarie Sénécal Former convent and school run by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Operated as a school for girls until the late 1960s. In 1936, it was...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.

15 April 2010

1851 – Grey Nuns Convent, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: L’Abbé Louis François Laflèche The old convent of the Grey Nuns, which today houses the St. Boniface Museum, was built between 1846 and 1851, and was constructed of white oak logs. The...

11 March 2010

1875 – Convent of the Assumption, Kensington Square, London

Architect: Goldie & Child Designed and built between 1870 and 1875 by George Goldie of Goldie & Child, this convent church is still in use today by the order who commissioned it.

26 January 2010

1886 – St. Mary’s Dominican Church & Convent, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin Detached gable-fronted Gothic Revival church, built 1886 – design published in 1883. The relationship to the priory to the north was not built as illustrated. It has a seven-bay...

07 January 2010

1875 – Former Convent, Drogheda, Co. Louth

This attractive former convent and school displays varied decorative detailing from the elegant dog-tooth mouldings to the more robust rock-faced plinth. This decoration together with the contrasting brick and stone construction make this...

16 December 2009

1876 – L’Hôpital de la Miséricorde, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: David Ouellet The Good Shepherd Museum is located in the fine neo-gothic L’Hôpital de la Miséricorde. The two wings set aside for the museum were built in 1878 and 1887 to plans...

16 December 2009

1850 – Soeurs de la Charité de Québec Chapel, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Charles Baillairgé In 1850, the SÅ“urs de la Charité de Québec community asked Charles Baillairgé to carry out the architectural plans of a chapel. Though the chapel has been ravaged by fire...

Pages:123Next »