Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

convent

30 November 2009

1893 – Ursuline Convent, Cleveland, Ohio

Architect: C.F. Schweinfurth Now demolished.

06 November 2009

1850 – St. Mary’s Priory, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Sited alongside the classical St. Mary’s catholic church, the priory by William Atkins is a mixture of classical and victorian institutional gothic. It may have been a Georgian house with...

02 October 2009

1572 – Jerónimos Monastery, Lisbon

Architect: Diogo de Boytaca / Joao de Castilho Parallel to the bank of the Tagus and measuring almost 300m, stands one of Portugal’s most famous buildings, the former Hieronymite Convent. The convent complex...

30 September 2009

1885 – St Louis Convent, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Large complex of building facing a small lake, started in 1859 although a convent had been in operation on this site for some years before. This complex was finally completed in 1959 when...

23 September 2009

1879 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: S.F. Hynes The chapel was a later addition to the Romanesque Revival complex, and was designed by S.F. Hynes. “This chapel is to be built in connection with the Convent of Mercy,...

23 September 2009

1867 – Convent of Mercy, Skibbereen, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This chapel, just erected by Mr. W. Murphy, Bantry, has been dedicated. It is in connection with the existing convent, which is situated on an elevation at eastern entrance...

17 September 2009

1878 – New Magdalen Asylum & Laundry & Proposed Convent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson

17 September 2009

1875 – St. Michael’s Hospital & Proposed Convent of Mercy, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson From The Architect, November 20, 1875: Thiis another charitable institution managed by the Sisters of Mercy at the desire of the Very Rev. Monsignor McCabe, P.P., to meet the...

17 September 2009

1875 – Convent of Mercy, Brickfield Lane, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson From The Architect, November 20, 1875: The convent and chapel illustrated in the present number have been erected in connection with St. Joseph’s Night Refuge for homeless women and...