Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

convents

16 March 2012

1868 – Convent of St. Margaret, East Grinstead, Sussex

Architect: George Edmund Street The Sisters of St Margaret, an order of women in the Anglican Church, were founded in 1855 by Dr John Mason Neale at Rotherfield, England. As their numbers increased,...

24 October 2011

1870 – Convent of Mercy, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Church added by Ashlin to existing convent of around 1846.

19 October 2011

1880s – Convent of Mercy, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford

In 1859 the Sisters of Mercy arrived in Enniscorthy to open a Convent to meet the needs of the poor. In 1860 two rooms were procured and classes for children and adults commenced....

22 October 2010

1876 – Convent of the Sisters of Charity, Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Small gothic revival convent by O`Callaghan with the nuns accommodation separated from the chapel by a small two-stage tower and belfry. Now disused but intact.

Pages:« Prev12