Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Cootehill

09 March 2013

1858 – AIB, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William G. Murray Built as a branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, and now a branch for AIB. In traditional Irish manner, contains a residence for the branch manager. Photograph courtesy,...

17 October 2010

1730 – Bellamont Forest, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: Sir Edward Lovett Pearce Built between 1725 and 1730 for Thomas Coote, once Lord Justice of Ireland, and designed by Coote’s gifted nephew, architect Sir Edward Lovett Pearce. Bellamont Forest is one...

28 September 2009

1930 – St. Michael’s Church, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son St. Michael’s church was built in 1930, and was designed by Dublin architect, Ralph Henry Byrne, son of William H. Byrne. It was richly decorated with Italian...

28 September 2009

1832 – Courthouse, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Deane Butler Almost identical to a courthouse in Ballyconnell, also in Cavan, Cootehill courthouse now looks rather decrepit and uncared for. At some stage, the pediment has been rendered and unsuitable...

28 September 2009

1819 – Church of Ireland, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Built in 1819, the church replaced an earlier parish church in Church Street. The church contains a memorial to Charles Coote Esq. who died in 1842.