Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Cuba

04 September 2009

1958 – Memorial Jose Marti, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Enrique Luis Varela The 109m tower, designed by a team of architects led by Enrique Luis Varela, is in the form of a five-pointed star, encased in grey Cuban marble from the...

04 September 2009

1958 – Ministerio del Interior, Havana, Cuba

The Plaza de la Revolución is one of the world’s largest city squares at 72,000 square metres, the Square is dominated by the Jose’ Marti Memorial which features a 109 metre tall tower...

04 September 2009

1958 – Teatro Nacional, Havana, Cuba

The National Theater of Cuba (Teatro Nacional de Cuba) is a huge modern building, decorated with works by Cuban artists. Internally here are two main theatre stages, the Avellaneda Hall (seating for 2254),...

04 September 2009

1959 – Modern Art Museum, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Rodriguez Pichardo The modern Bellas Artes Museum is split into two buildings housing International and Cuban art. The Colección de Arte Universal covers everything from ancient Greek artefacts and Latin American pieces...

04 September 2009

1929 – Capitolio, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Eugenio Raynieri El Capitolio, or the National Capitol Building in Havana, Cuba, was the seat of government in Cuba until after the Cuban Revolution in 1959, and is now home to the...

04 September 2009

1920 – Hotel Sevilla, Havana, Cuba

When it opened its doors on March 22, 1908, it quickly became Havana´s leading turn-of-the-century luxury hotel. From the elaborate façade to the lovely Patio Sevillano (Sevillian Yard), it recreates an authentically Spanish...

04 September 2009

1920 – Military Museum, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Paul Belau and Carlos Maruri Formerly the Presidential Palace of dictator Fulgencio Batista. It was built at 1920 to the plans of Paul Belau and Carlos Maruri. A good amount of the...

04 September 2009

Policia Nacional Revolucionaria, Havana, Cuba

04 September 2009

1577 – Castillo de la Real Fuerza, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Bartolomé Sánchez The Castillo de la Real Fuerza is a fortress on the western side of the harbour in Havana, but set back from the entrance, and bordering the Plaza de Armas....

Pages:12Next »