Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cumbria

15 September 2009

1881 – Wandale, Cumbria

Architect: Hetherington & Oliver “The house is built of warm cream-coloured facing stone from Lazouby with Prudham dressings ; the walls are hollow, and are lined on the inside with brick. The joiners’...

06 September 2009

1881 – St. Nicholas Church, Whitehaven, Cumbria

Architect: C.J. Ferguson Published in The Building News, July 15 1881.

02 September 2009

1885 – Residence at Chatsworth Square, Carlisle, Cumbria

Architect: G.D. Oliver

29 July 2009

1879 – Bridge over the River Lune, Underley Park, Cumbria

Architect: Daniel Brade Designed by Daniel Brade, an architect from Kendal, perspective view including details & plan were published in The Building News, May 9th 1879.

16 June 2009

1906 – Watch Hill, Cumberland

Architect: T. Taylor Scott

16 June 2009

1906 – Gardeners Cottage, Broughton in Furness, Cumberland

Architect: Maurice B. Adams

16 June 2009

1878 – Bush Hotel & Shops, Carlisle, Cumberland

Architect: C.J. Ferguson Published in The Building News, August 23rd 1878. “The new block of buildings is erected on the site of the old Bush Hotel. It is built of tooled red stone,...

16 June 2009

1878 – New Town Hall & Municipal Buildings, Barrow in Furness, Cumberland

Architect: T.E. Collcutt

16 June 2009

1878 – St. John’s Church, Egremont, Cumberland

Architect: C.J. Ferguson Perspective view & ground plan, published in The Building News, August 23rd 1878. “This church, of which we give an exterior view, is about to be erected in an outlying...