Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dame Street Dublin

21 February 2014

1799 – Commercial Buildings, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Parke A fine but austere seven-bay three-storey building. Sited on the old Fownes Court, there was a pedestrian shortcut through the building and courtyard to Cope Street. In 1805, it became...

07 February 2014

1869 – Royal Insurance, Dame St., Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Italianate palazzo by William G. Murray on the corner of Dame and Fownes Streets. Finished in Portland stone, the building was elaborately carved. Demolished when the area was cleared...

20 March 2011

1860s – The Oak, Dame Street, Dublin

A comfortable Dublin pub now sadly part of the ‘superpub’ next door, The Oak contains a fine mahogany interior that came from an ocean liner, the Mauritania, during a refurbishment in the 1940s....

09 July 2010

1832 – Houses, Dame Street, Dublin

Elevation of Houses to be erected on Dame Street (northside) between Crow and Fownes Streets.

07 July 2010

1790 – No. 38 Dame Street, Dublin

One of the original plots of Dame Street from when it was widened by the Wide Streets Commissioners, No. 38 also retains its original ground floor facade. Originally many of the streets widened...

18 February 2010

1980 – Commercial Buildings, Dame Street, Dublin

Rebuilt at a 90 degree angle after the original was demolished to make way for the Central Bank development. Originally the building crossed the pedestrian walkway to Crown Alley, what is now the...

18 February 2010

1860 – No.69 Dame Street, Dublin

A fine large commercial premises on Dame Street with decorative plasterwork. It is in effect two buildings, with two separate doorways off-centre at ground level.

18 February 2010

1879 – Olympia Theatre, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: R.N. Bruton Remodeled in 1897, this is, internally, the most elaborate of the remaining theatres in Dublin. A plain facade with a cast-iron canopy hides an elaborate interior complete with its gods....

18 February 2010

1865 – No. 39 “Lucky Coadys”, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty “Lucky Coady’s” gets its name from its past as a small shop that sold Irish Sweepstakes tickets, having sold many winning tickets over the years. The shop has a fine...

Pages:12Next »