Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

David Bryce

11 March 2013

1868 – North British & Mercantile Insurance Co, College Green, Dublin

Architect: David Bryce The last of three buildings by Scottish architect David Bryce in Dublin, and the only one lost to the city – pictured behind left of the Statue of William of...

21 December 2012

1858 – Eastburgh House, Pinner, London

Architect: David Bryce David Carnegie of Stronvar purchased the Eastbury Park Estate in 1857 and rebuilt the mansion and many other estate buildings to designs by Scottish architect David Bryce. The whole estate...

14 May 2012

1879 – Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: David Bryce The new Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, constructed between 1870 and 1879 provided an unprecedented 600 beds, arranged in eight three-storey pavilions with one large ward on each floor. At the...

07 April 2010

1853 – Former Bank, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: David Bryce Built for Standard Life Assurance, the National Irish branch on O’Connell Street has a striking pediment sculpted by Sir John Steele. The fluted Corinthian columns which uphold the pediment create...

02 September 2009

1852 – Bank of Scotland, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh

Architect: David Bryce Formerly the British Linen Bank but now a branch of the Bank of Scotland, this sumptuous branch is at 38-39 St Andrew Square. The elaborate facade features an order or...

02 September 2009

1835 – St Mark’s Unitarian Church, Edinburgh

Architect: David Bryce A fine facade with tall roundheaded windows masks a good galleried interior with cast iron columns.