Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Deane & Woodward

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Beresford Place, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “An exception however to this structure, has been erected near the...

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Parkgate St., Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “The mural fountain, also illustrated herein – has been in Parkgate...

27 November 2013

1857 – Deane & Woodward Design for Foreign Office, London

Architect: Deane & Woodward Fourth prize design in architectural competition for the Foreign Department, which won Deane & Woodward a premium of £200.

03 May 2013

1863 – Church of Ireland, Rathmichael, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed in 1860 but not constructed until 1861-62, after the death of Benjamin Woodward in 1861, so possibly mostly the work of Thomas Newenham Deane. Later extended by Welland...

19 March 2012

1859 – St. Austin’s Abbey, Tullow, Co. Carlow

Architect: Deane & Woodward St. Austin’s Abbey was built in the 1850’s by Charles Henry Doyne youngest son of Robert Doyne. The architects were Sir Thomas Newenham Deane and Benjamin Woodward. The house...

15 December 2010

1857 – Molesworth Hall, Molesworth St., Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed by architects Deane and Woodward, Molesworth Hall was a freestanding building built of Portland, Calp, and Caen stone, with red brick. The building had horizontal bands of contrasting...

18 February 2010

1860 – Kildare Street Club, Kildare Street, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward In November 1782, the newly formed Kildare Street Club purchased a property on Kildare Street for its new premises. Later they purchased a second adjoining house, and both were...

08 February 2010

1732 – Long Room Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh The old Library of Trinity College (old because of a newer neighbour built by Ahrends Burton Koralak) is Thomas Burgh’s masterpiece. A huge building, it originally towered over the university...

05 February 2010

1857 – Trinity College Museum, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward The winning design of a competition to design a museum and lecture hall complex for Trinity in 1852, this is one of the first statements in architecture of pre-Raphaelite...

Pages:12Next »