Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Denver

25 June 2010

1891 – Kittredge Building, Denver

Architect: A. Morris Stuckert The Kittredge Building features a facade clad in native granite and rhyolite and was one of the first elevator buildings in the downtown area. Completed in 1891, the Kittredge...

25 June 2010

1910 – Gas & Electric Building, Denver

Architect: Harry W.J. Edbrooke Brightest survivor of “City of Lights” era, with 13,000 lightbulbs that continue to illuminate the exterior at night. Designed in 1910 by Harry W. J. Edbrooke; restored in 1990...

04 June 2010

1911 – Daniels & Fisher Tower, Denver

Architect: Frederick Sterner & George Williamson Inspired by St. Mark’s Campanile in Venice but scaled down, the D&F Tower was built in 1911 to anchor the Daniels & Fisher Department Store. The tower...

31 May 2010

1881 – Union Station, Denver, Colorado

Architect: Gove & Walsh

31 May 2010

2006 – MCA Denver, Colorado

Architect: Adjaye Associates The 27,000-square-foot structure sits on a tight corner lot in Denver’s Central Platte Valley. This former rail yard is now filled with new condos, shops, and parks. Adjaye, employed tinted...

29 May 2010

1971 – Denver Art Museum, Colorado

Architect: Gio Ponti This is a fortress for art – resembling nothing less than the keep of a medieval castle. A 24-sided, 7-storey construction, the exterior of the building is clad in grey...

29 May 2010

2006 – Frederic C. Hamilton building, Denver Art Museum

Architects: Studio Daniel Libeskind The Frederic C. Hamilton building, designed as a joint venture by Studio Daniel Libeskind and Denver firm Davis Partnership Architects. The new building opened on October 7, 2006, and...

29 May 2010

1910 – Former Carnegie Library, Denver

Architect: Albert R. Ross Designed by Albert R. Ross, who designed many Carnegie libraries, and the Pueblo County Courthouse in Colorado, this was the main public library in Denver until the opening of...

29 May 2010

1936 – First Baptist Church, Denver

Architect: G. Meredith Musick The present building was constructed in 1934 through 1936 and has been recognized as a Denver Historic Landmark. Designed in a Colonial New England version of a Georgian church,...