Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Derbyshire

16 February 2012

1901 – Morley Manor, Derbyshire

Architect: G.F. Bodley Large house on the Morley Sacheverell Estate, built between 1894-99 for H. A. Sacheverell Bateman by G F. Bodley and set in an estate of 325 acres. Formerly the gardens...

11 January 2012

1899 – Church, Cresswell, Derbyshire

Architect: Brewill & Bailly “Messrs. Brewill & Bailly are the architects. whose drawing of this building- we are illustrating today. No particulars of the work have come to hand, and the plan accompanying...

05 January 2011

1899 – Creswell Schools, Derbyshire

Architect: Brewil & Baily Caption reads: “for His Grace The Duke of Portland and the Bolsover Colliery Company”. “These schools are situated on a plot of land close upon an acre in extent,...

08 November 2010

1886- Holy Trinity Church, Edale, Derbyshire

Architect: William Dawes Interior view looking east published in The Architect, March 23th 1888. The Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity was designed by architect William Dawes, built during 1885-6, and completed...

15 July 2010

1896 – House at Buxton, Derbyshire

Architect: W.R. Bryden Front perspective view including plan as published in The Building News, March 27th 1896.

08 July 2010

1901 – House at Alfreton, Derbyshire

Architect: Percy B. Houfton Designed for W.W. Nelson esq. Rear Perspective View including Plan published in The Building News, July 19th 1901.

05 January 2010

1883 – Matlock Bath Pavilion & Gardens, Derbyshire

Architect: J. Nutall The Matlock Bath pavilion was completed around 1884. Also known as the Palais Royal, it wasan ambitious structure with a 228ft frontage of mainly glass. For many years it had...

22 June 2009

1905 – House, New Mills, Derbyshire

Architect: Ormrod & Pomeroy

22 June 2009

1894 – Church of St. John The Evangelist, Ilkeston, Derbyshire

Architect: Percy H. Currey