Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Derry

01 March 2012

1871 – City Portrait Room, Carlisle Rd., Derry

Architect: William McElwee Building for Hugh Kerr, photographer – finished in polychrome brick with Dungiven sandstone dressings

21 June 2010

1887 – St Columb’s Hall, Richmond Street, Derry

Architect: Crome & Toye Front Perspective View, ground & 1st.floor plans as published in The Building News, July 1st 1887. The architects Crome and Toye used a mixture of Italianate and Gothic styles...

05 April 2010

2010 – An Gaeláras, Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin, Derry

Architect: O’Donnell + Tuomey Architects Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin is a £4million, purpose-built Irish language, cultural and enterprise centre based in the Walled City’s historic Great James Street area. Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin includes a...

24 September 2009

1873 – St. Eugene’s Cathedral, Derry

Architect: J.J. McCarthy

24 September 2009

1887 – Derry Guildhall

Architect: J.C. Ferguson / M.A. Robinson The Guildhall was originally built in 1887 by The Honourable The Irish Society at a cost of £19,000.00 and was officially opened in July 1890. Originally designed...

24 September 2009

1863 – Third Presbyterian Church, Derry

Architect: Stewart Gordon / Bowd & Batt Designed by Stewart Gordon between 1835-37, the interior was remodelled in 1863 by Bowd & Batt. The church is small, the interior being only four bays...

24 September 2009

1533 – St. Columbs’s Cathedral, Derry

Described in Tours in Ulster a hand-book to the antiquities and scenery of the north of Ireland., published in 1854. – “The Cathedral, which is capable of seating one thousand persons with ease,...

Pages:« Prev12