Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


07 January 2010

1280c – St Laurence Gate, Drogheda, Co. Louth

St. Laurence Gate is a well preserved example of a 13th Century Barbican. Named after the ancient priory of St. Laurence which stood outside the Gate on the site of the Cord Cemetery....

07 January 2010

1334 – Town Walls, Drogheda, Co. Louth

The walled area of medieval Drogheda enclosed 113 acres making it one of the largest walled towns in medieval Ireland. The walls were completed in 1334. It was comparable in size to Dublin,...

07 January 2010

1224 – Dominican Friary, Drogheda, Co. Louth

The Magdalene Tower was the belfry tower of the once extensive Dominican Friary founded here about 1224 by Lucas de Netterville, Archbishop of Armagh. The tower itself is of 14th Century construction and...

07 January 2010

1206 – Abbey of St. Mary d’Urso, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Known as the Old Abbey or the Hospital of St. Mary d’Urso, the correct title for this site is the Abbey of St. Mary d’Urso. It was founded by a Norman, Ursus de...