Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Drumcondra

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

09 December 2013

1743 – Church of Ireland, Drumcondra, Dublin

In 1743 the dilapidated old church of the parish of Clonturk was rebuilt by a Miss Coghill as a memorial to her brother, Dr. Marmaduke Coghill, who died in 1738. After the renovations,...

02 May 2013

1937 – Library, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Robert S. Lawrie One of four public libraries built during 1937 by Dublin Corporation in the suburbs of Phibsborough, Ringsend, Drumcondra and Inchicore. These simple building have Art Deco styling around the...

31 October 2012

1934 – Grand Cinema, Drumcondra, Dublin

The former 1,200 Grand Cinema in the Dublin suburb of Drumcondra opened on 19th August 1934. It closed on 24th March 1968. Converted into a supermarket with the total loss of its original...

20 February 2012

1726 – Drumcondra House, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Designed by Sir Edward Lovett Pearce and was built in 1726 for Sir Marmaduke Coghill who had lived in nearby Belvedere House. In 1842 Drumcondra House was rented by...