Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin and South Eastern Railway

27 January 2014

1854 – The Nine Arches, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Opened in 1854 to carry the Dublin & Wicklow railway from Harcourt Street to Bray over the Dodder river. Closed in January 1959. Incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the “Waterford,...

23 April 2013

1895 – Railway Station, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire

Recently demolished, this Victorian railwayshed lay largely hidden by a 1950s passenger terminal. Originally trains met the ferries coming in from the UK via a railway spur from the main line. When the...

09 June 2010

1859 – Former Harcourt Street Station, Dublin

Architect: George Wilkinson Built in 1859 as a railway terminus, Harcourt Street Station was in use for almost exactly 100 years closing in 1959. A monumental design on a plinth of steps, with...

27 January 2010

1854 – Former Railway Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Opened in 1842 by the Dublin & Kingstown Railway Company, with further works in 1854, this is the third building along the waterfront by John Skipton Mulvany. Built over...

27 January 2010

1953 – Passenger Terminal, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works Recently demolished, this 1950s ferry terminal hid a Victorian railway station. The passenger terminal was designed as a temporary measure to be replaced at a later stage with...

16 April 2009

1891 – Loop Line Bridge, Dublin

Architect: John Chaloner Smith & William H. Mills Designed by John Chaloner Smith, engineer to the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway, the bridge consists of wrought iron lattice girders on a double row...