Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin Quays

09 April 2012

1752 – Moira House, Dublin

Architect: Built as the Dublin home of the Earls of Moira. Later became part of the Mendicity Institute which mirrored the composition so that the original Moira House was the right hand side...

22 March 2012

1907 – Former Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.

18 November 2011

2007 – chq, Stack A, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Architects: John Rennie & Michael Collins Associates CHQ, formerly known as Stack A, was constructed around 1820 to a design by John Rennie, the renowned Scottish Engineer who was responsible for the Tobacco...

25 April 2011

1821 – Merchant’s Hall, Wellington Quay, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Darley Originally built as a Guild hall but after the 1841 Municipal Reform Act which saw members of Dublin Corporation directly elected rather than through the influence of the Guilds, the...

01 April 2011

2007 – Anglo-Irish Bank, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Architect: Traynor O’Toole With the collapse of Anglo-Irish Bank and indeed their architects Traynor O’Toole, work has been stalled for several years on this building. Presently a concrete shell on the quays, the...

18 January 2011

2000 – Commerzbank, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker This project involved the design & build of a 190,000 sq. ft. office building in the IFSC, Dublin. This ultra modern office building was constructed on an eleven month...

03 December 2010

1912 – Phoenix Cinema, Ellis Quay, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Once every neighbourhood or major street had its own cinema, many are sadly gone. The Phoenix lives on, but as a furniture store. However a glimpse inside shows original staircases...

06 July 2010

1813 – Former Church of St. Michael and John, Essex Quay, Dublin

Architect: John Taylor The Catholic Church of Saints Michael and John on Exchange Street Lower, built in 1813, was gutted to make way for a tourism “experience” which failed. Unfortunately the fine interior...

29 June 2010

2006 – Blood Stone Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: RKD Architects