Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin Quays

09 June 2010

1907 – South Hailing Station, Britain Quay, Dublin

Smaller but similar to other towers near Alexandra Basin in the north docks, this little structure stood on the corner of the main Liffey waterway and the entrance to Grand Canal Docks. The...

09 June 2010

1816 – No.8 Burgh Quay, Dublin

One of the original shopfronts built on the quays by the Wide Streets Commisioners. There are a few similar examples on Burgh Quay flanking the former Corn Exchange building. Also visible on Eden...

09 June 2010

1905 – Sheehan Memorial, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.P. O’Neill A memorial to a member of the Dublin Metropolitan Police who died near here while on duty. Just around the corner was the headquarters of the DMP. Incorporated a fountain....

09 June 2010

2003 – Georges Quay Offices, Dublin

Architect: KMD Architecture Built in two stages, the developers Cosgrave Brothers acquired the remainder of the George’s Quay site in 1997 and took a decision in 1999 to complete the remaining two buildings....

09 June 2010

1782 – No. 9 Merchants Quay, Dublin

Recently restored by the Historic Heart of Dublin, No.9 Merchants Quay has some interesting original features including plasterwork, an iron balustrading on the stairs and some fine fireplaces. However during renovations some much...

09 June 2010

2006 – The Anchorage, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

09 June 2010

2007 – Riverside IV, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architects: RKD Architects Riverside IV was the last remaining Grand Canal Harbour site in Dublin’s Docklands, located centrally between the Grand Canal Dock and the River Liffey. RKD Architects designed a 35,000 sq....

09 June 2010

2006 – Riverside One, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The site is located on a high profile site along the banks of the River Liffey. Recognizing the importance of natural light and the working environment, the building incorporates...

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...