Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin Quays

04 February 2010

1802 – The Four Courts, Inns Quay, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon One of the landmarks of Dublin with its large drum and shallow dome, and visible all along the Liffey, the Four Courts derives its names from the four divisions that...

04 February 2010

1864 – Allied Irish Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan / George L. O’Connor Fine small bank branch in an Italianate style with manager’s residence to the rear. The interior of the banking hall is ornate without being overpowering. The...

04 February 2010

1922 – Former Presbytery, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Former presbytery for the neighbouring St. Paul’s Church, and now offices for a Catholic church-based youth organisation. A substantial house, well set-back from the traffic, it is a far-cry...

04 February 2010

2001 – Boardwalk, Liffey Quays, Dublin

Architect: McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects Constructed as a Millenium project along Batchelors Walk and Lower Ormond Quay, the Boardwalk is an attractive promenade mounted on the quay walls at road level over the...

25 January 2010

1837 – St Paul’s Church, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne St Paul’s dates from 1835-37, was designed by Patrick Byrne, and is one of the most prominent buildings on the city quays. Patrick Byrne was a prominent church architect of...

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...