Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway

27 January 2014

1854 – The Nine Arches, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Opened in 1854 to carry the Dublin & Wicklow railway from Harcourt Street to Bray over the Dodder river. Closed in January 1959. Incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the “Waterford,...

02 February 2010

1854 – Railway Station, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Dargan The original Dundrum station built by William Dargan in 1854 behind the modern Luas halt. This was the station closest to Dargan’s home at Mount Annville and he was a...

16 April 2009

1891 – Loop Line Bridge, Dublin

Architect: John Chaloner Smith & William H. Mills Designed by John Chaloner Smith, engineer to the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway, the bridge consists of wrought iron lattice girders on a double row...