Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

21 January 2016

1891 – Railway Bridge, Westland Row, Dublin

When under construction the tracks on platforms 1 and 2 in the station had to be inclined to make the bridge. Originally Westland Row Station was a terminus but was altered to be...

06 January 2016

1899 – Ormond Hall, Ormond Quay Upper, Dublin

Architect: William M. Mitchell Constructed as a hall for Ormond Quay Presbyterian church for meetings and Sunday School. “It stands on the site of some very old houses, and considerable difficulty was experienced...

06 January 2016

1906 – ‘Fintragh’, Shrewsbury Road, Donnybrook, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A large detached Edwardian house, boasting eight bedrooms. It contains many late-Victorian and Edwardian decorative features including stained leaded glass on doorways, ornate plasterwork, brass fingerplates on panelled mahogany doors....

11 November 2015

1879 – Villa, Grosvenor Rd., Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Large detached house in Grosvenor Road, finished in late 1878 or early 1879. According to The Irish Builder, constructed by J. and W. Beckett of South King Street.

14 October 2015

1905 – St. Columba’s Church, Iona Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman Sadly uncompleted, the tower being capped at the second stage, below the apex of the roof of the nave. The interior is largely intact, as constructed, with marble reredos...

08 October 2015

1860 – Proposal for St. Andrew’s Church, Andrew St., Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon More expansive scheme than constructed to replace the church destroyed in a fire in 1860. This illustration appears to show the church (largely as constructed) with schools, hall...

07 October 2015

1860 – Warehouse, Nos.17-18 Mary St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Rebuilding of a extensive furniture & upholstery establishment. Shop front of ‘novel and ornate character’. The upper part of the facade, has lost its curvilinear gables and is now...

07 October 2015

1860 – Shop Front, No.40 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Shopfront for Cherry & Sheilds, paper warehouse, published in The Irish Builder.

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Beresford Place, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “An exception however to this structure, has been erected near the...