Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


13 June 2014

1875 – Dining & Confectionary Shop, Arnott & Co., Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Destroyed by fire in 1894. A description published in 1875: “The premises now erecting for Messrs. Arnott and Co., in Henry-street, will contain besides the front and back shops (the...

26 May 2014

1884 – Junior House, All Hallow’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan “In our present number we give a perspective view of this new building, the plans for which were obtained in a limited competition decided a few days since. The principal...

13 May 2014

1898 – Former Technical School, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy, William Mitchell Constructed in 1898 and extended by William M. Mitchell in 1900. Demolished in the 1960s to make way for the much larger college buildings of 1968 by Hooper...

08 May 2014

1968 – Design for Institute of Technology, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: Hooper & Mayne Perspective of the new technical college on Kevin Street.

07 May 2014

1879 – Mortuary Chapel, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The present-day entrance gates, offices and mortuary chapel at Glasnevin were designed by J.J. McCarthy (1817 -1882), Ireland’s pre-eminent architect of Catholic churches. Hiberno-Romanesque in style, a symbol of the...

07 May 2014

1886 – Design for Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Premiated designs for memorial to Roman Catholic Prelate Cardinal MacCabe. The competition was won by George C. Ashlin. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, July 1 1886.

07 May 2014

1869 – O’Connell Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: George Petrie / Earley & Powells Round tower to commemorate Daniel O’Connell with richly decorated crypt underneath containing a tome by Earley & Powells. The building of the tower to commemorate O’Connell’s...

06 May 2014

1876 – Additions to St. Teresa’s Church, Clarendon Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne From the late 18th century onwards, many architects have put their mark on the Carmelite church on Clarendon Street. O’Neill & Byrne’s work between 1869 and 1877 was a...

06 May 2014

1861 – St. Mary’s Institute for Catholic Blind Females, Harold’s Cross, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Proposal for an asylum for the blind at Harold’s Cross. Described by the architect, Charles Geoghegan as “The entire range of new buildings presents a frontage to the south of...