Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

30 June 2014

1979 – Design for Taoiseach’s Residence, Dublin

Architect: OMA Design submitted to architectural competition for an Official residence of the Irish Prime Minister. It was intended to build a Taoiseach’s official residence and State guest house on the site of...

25 June 2014

1960s – The Pearl Bar, Fleet St., Dublin

Possibly built to designs of architect and sculptor Gary Trimble. Also believed that Signa, an Irish design group led by Michael Scott may have had some input into the facade. The Pearl was...

24 June 2014

1700s – Library Square, Trinity College Dublin

From Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837 “The second quadrangle, called the Library-square, is 265 feet in length and 214 feet in breadth. Three sides of it are occupied by uniform ranges...

24 June 2014

1834 – Design for Museum & Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Rickman Unsuccessful entry for Museum, lecture rooms and Campanile by English architect Thomas Rickman. Rickman’s only executed Irish work was at Lough Fea house in Co. Monaghan. Photograph Copyright & Courtesy...

23 June 2014

1886 – Unbuilt Design for St. Kevins, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Second placed design in competition to design new Church of Ireland on the South Circular Road. The competition was won by Sir Thomas Drew, and his striking church with...

23 June 2014

1875 – Mary Immaculate Church, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Started in the early 1870s, the facade of this church was Ashlin was not completed until the 1920s. The church was opened in 1878 although not fully completed due to...

23 June 2014

1883 – Chapel, Schools of the Twin Sisters, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. The...

13 June 2014

1875 – Dining & Confectionary Shop, Arnott & Co., Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Destroyed by fire in 1894. A description published in 1875: “The premises now erecting for Messrs. Arnott and Co., in Henry-street, will contain besides the front and back shops (the...

26 May 2014

1884 – Junior House, All Hallow’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan “In our present number we give a perspective view of this new building, the plans for which were obtained in a limited competition decided a few days since. The principal...