Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

08 December 2014

1973 – Western Tangent Ring Road, Dublin

Architect: R. Travers Morgan & Partners Illustrations to demonstrate the effect of the Western Tangent Road as suggested by the 1973 Central Dublin Traffic Plan by R. Travers Morgan & Partners. Designed to...

05 December 2014

1804 – Charitable Infirmary, 14 Jervis St., Dublin

The hospital was founded by six Dublin surgeons as the Charitable Infirmary in Cook St., Dublin, in 1718, at their own expense. Ten years later they moved to a larger premises on King’s...

05 December 2014

1916 – Fr. Mathew Square, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Housing scheme for Dublin Corporation by the City Architect on site bounded by Church St, Beresford St, Mary’s La & N King St consisting of 4-roomed houses, 3-roomed houses and...

05 December 2014

1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald After O’Connell Bridge House was constructed in 1965 on the eastern side, it was suggested that a twin be built on the site of the Ballast Office on the western...

03 December 2014

1768 – Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin

Architect: John Smyth The Great South Wall on which Poolbeg Lighthouse stands, extends from Ringsend over 4km out to sea. It was the world’s longest sea-wall at the time of it’s construction and...

21 November 2014

1756 – Nos 1-4 Kildare Place, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels / John Ensor Originally Kildare Place consisted of four houses onto a small square bordered by Kildare Street. Nos 2 & 3 were designed by Richard Cassels, and probably executed...

21 November 2014

1725 – Riversdale House, Kilmainham, Dublin

Riversdale House, probably originally had Dutch Billy gables, and was constructed entirely in stone rather than brick. Constructed about 1725 by a Dublin lawyer called John Fitzpatrick who sold it shortly afterwards to...

17 November 2014

1951 – Boland’s Biscuit Mills, Grand Canal Street, Dublin

Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Son Built on the site of a building occupied by Éamon de Valera during the 1916 Easter Rising, DeValera would later be President of Ireland, a fact commemorated by...

14 November 2014

1804 – Fever Hospital & House of Recovery, Cork St., Dublin

Architect: Samuel Johnston Constructed 1801-1804, as a Fever Hospital and House of Recovery. The House of Recovery was converted in 1881 by Sandham Symes into the Dublin Convalescent Home. The original hospital consisted...