Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


28 May 2015

2008 – Drury Street Dublin

Architect: FKL Architects A invited-competition entry by FKL for a commercial development in Drury Street in Dublin’s south city centre. Currently the site of a multilevel carpark. A mixed use building with several...

28 May 2015

2005 – Aer Lingus Headquarters, Dublin Airport

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners Proposal for an office development at Dublin Airport designed to be a headquarters for Aer Lingus. The scheme was to incorporate a162,000 sq. m. development with 3,850...

12 May 2015

1914 – C.R. Ashbee’s plans for Dublin

Architect: C.R. Ashbee & G.H. Chettle Plans entered in the Dublin Town Planning Competition of 1914. Highly recommended but the competition was won by Patrick Abercrombie. Conceptualised before the events of 1916 which...

11 May 2015

1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Hepworth & Rayson Former cigarette factory for John Player Ltd., designed by an English architectural partnership of Hepworth & Rayson. Later extended by Ashworth & Smith.

06 May 2015

1943 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later a part of Allied Irish Banks. McDonnell & Dixon were very much the house architects for the Munster & Leinster...

07 April 2015

1690s – Barrack Bridge, Dublin

Barrack Bridge was originally a wooden structure built in 1670, and was the second bridge across the river Liffey. During its construction, a number of men attempted to destroy it on several occasions...

07 April 2015

1800 – Former Free Church, Great Charles Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Robbins Originally constructed by the Methodists in 1800 and initially known as ‘Wesley Chapel’. After a split in the congregation in 1816 left it too large for the remaining congregation, it...

29 March 2015

1673 – Blue Coat School, Dublin

In Oxmantown Green, the King’s Hospital or Bluecoat School, was erected between 1669 and 1673 as a free school for boys and an alms house for unprivileged. Officially the building was known as...

19 March 2015

1870 – Bolands, 133-136 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Designed as a bakery for Patrick Boland and incorporating an earlier Presbyterian church in Mary’s Abbey (a laneway to the rear). During construction, the remains of the chapter house of...