Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

15 January 2014

1883 – Second Placed Design for National Museum & Library, Dublin

Architect: Holme & Hornblower An unexecuted design, awarded Second Place after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). Illustrations...

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

13 January 2014

1880s – Marlborough House, Glasnevin, Dublin

Marlborough House was a large domestic dwelling which had been used as a teacher training college. It was registered as a detention centre for up to 50 boys on 24th March 1944. For...

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

22 December 2013

1880 – Unbuilt Proposal for Theatre Royal, Dublin

Architect: C.J. Phipps Description of proposed new theatre on site of old theatre destroyed by fire. Not built by 1884, eventually a different design by Frank Matchem was constructed. Published in The Building...

18 December 2013

1308 – Old City Conduit, James St., Dublin

A former water fountain or conduit constructed in the James Street area of Dublin. In 1244, the Dodder river was diverted at Firhouse and a canal known as the city watercourse was built...

17 December 2013

1790 – Fountain, James St., Dublin

Architect: Francis Sandys An obelisk with 4 sundials with a drinking fountain at its base, built in 1790 by the Duke of Rutland, the Lord Lieutenant. The architect Francis Sandys was responsible for...

16 December 2013

1879 – Industrial School for Dublin Boys, Artane, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan The Artane Industrial school was set up in 1871 in Artane House by the Congregation of Christian Brothers. The school buildings were constructed between 1871 and 1879 to designs by...

11 December 2013

1814 – Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin

Building of Richmond Barracks started in 1810 and it was occupied by the British Army from 1814. It was named after The 4th Duke of Richmond, Charles Lennox. The 1916 Easter Rising was...