Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

26 February 2010

1997 – Hugenot House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

A 1970s office block by McDonnell & Dixon that was refaced and upgraded during the 1990s.

26 February 2010

1972 – Lisneys, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Originally a piece of daring infill on the ‘Green’, the immediate impact was lessened by the demolition of the building next door and redevelopment in a similar Miesian style...

21 February 2010

1904 – Storehouse, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: A.H. Hignett / RKD Architects Now known as the Storehouse (the Guinness Visitor Centre), for many years this building was under threat of demolition, lying empty and disused. Ironically, only the cost...

21 February 2010

1948 – Guinness Power Station, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: F.P.M. Woodhouse & Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners On the northern side of James Street, lies the brewery power station, a fine and monumental mid-century industrial building.

21 February 2010

1908 – O’Neill’s Bar, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Sheridan One of Dublin’s landmark public houses, O’Neill’s is sited on the narrow side Church Street and the more important Suffolk Street opposite St Andrews church. An ebullient Victorian structure with...

21 February 2010

1920 – Automobile Association, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor The offices of the Automobile Association are contained within this ornate office building from the early part of the 20th century.

21 February 2010

1919 – Gainsboro House, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Hayes Good example of early 20th century Dublin commercial building. Many building similar in style were built in the Abbey Street area during its reconstruction after the Civil War.

21 February 2010

1738 – Newman House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Like Iveagh House further along St Stephen’s Green, Newman House is obviously two houses planted together due to the lack of a unifying facade. The smaller house (No. 85) was...

21 February 2010

1825 – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Edward Parke & William Murray Beautifully sited on St. Stephen’s Green, the building of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland was built in two phases. The original building was the last...


Skip to toolbar