Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

19 February 2010

1843 – Former Methodist Centenary Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Isaac Farrell Previously the congregation was based in Whitefriar St., but it was leased. After applying for a renewal, the congregation was informed that a new lease on the property had been...

19 February 2010

1852 – Former United Services Club, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: William Murray One of two former clubs on Stephen’s Green, the United Services Club has an imposing presence on the green, with its elevated entrance, staircase and massive bow window. The interior...

19 February 2010

1856 – University Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: John Hungerford Pollen A small entrance porch in rich polychromatic brick marks the University Church between two Georgian houses. Supported between the two houses is an usual belfry. The church was commissioned...

19 February 2010

1862 – Iveagh House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Iveagh House is now the Department of Foreign Affairs as it was donated to the Irish State by the Guinness family in 1939. Originally two houses, nos 80/81 St Stephen’s Green, no 80...

19 February 2010

1863 – Unitarian Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn The winning entry in an architectural competition, this little church uses as much of its constricted site as possible. Originally it was surrounded by houses, but these were pulled down...

19 February 2010

1869 – Department Store, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Formerly the Habitat store, and now a clothing department store, the building on the left was once a famous Dublin delicatessan, and was amalagamated into next door to form...

19 February 2010

1871 – Gaiety Theatre, South King Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Ashworth / C.J. Phipps Recently given a new glass and steel canopy overhanging a much widened footpath on a mainly pedestrianised street, the Gaiety can now be appreciated properly. A fine...

19 February 2010

1904 – Fusilier’s Arch, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A war memorial to the dead of the Dublin Fusiliers, this is regarded as the main entrance to the park of Stephen’s Green. The names of the dead are...

19 February 2010

1931 – No.52 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe An unusual corner building at the top of Grafton Street complete with modern interpretation of the corner towers used on many Dublin corners. Known as Noblett’s Sweet Shop for many...


Skip to toolbar