Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

17 February 2010

1907 – No.113 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son With a construction period overlapping its neighbour at No.112, it’s easy to think that there was some contact between the two offices in terms of materials and decorative...

17 February 2010

1905 – No.112 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons No.112 is the left hand site of the photograph, the retail unit at street level being a branch of Specsavers. A fine commercial premises with a quality stone...

17 February 2010

1902 – Iveagh Markets, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks Dating from 1902, the brick and stone facade hides a large functional cast-iron galleried market hall. In operation until the 1990s its future use is now uncertain. The estimated...

17 February 2010

1834 – St Nicholas of Myra, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: John Leeson / John Bourke Built between 1829-34 by John Leeson with later work by John Bourke in 1858, St Nicholas is the only church in the city to preserve its two...

17 February 2010

1914 – National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler The National Concert Hall is built on part of the Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) in which the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 was held. After the exhibitions, the...

17 February 2010

1868 – St. Ann’s Church of Ireland, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane The original church on this site by Isaac Wills, designed in 1720 but never fully completed, was demolished in 1868 to make way for the current structure. Designed...

17 February 2010

1715 – Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin

It was here that Joshua Dawson built the mansion, which was purchased in 1715 by the Corporation for £3,500 as a residence for the Lord Mayor and which, has been subsequently extended to...

17 February 2010

1965 – O’Connell Bridge House, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald Much hated building on a very important site, O’Connell Bridge House stands 11 storeys high and overlooks O’Connell Bridge. At one time, the advertisement on the facade earned almost as...

17 February 2010

1928 – Dublin Gas Company, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe The former headquarters of the Dublin Gas Company (built in 1928) has two facades with two different architectural styles. The main facade onto D’Olier Street is Art Deco with a...