Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

18 February 2010

1745 – Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Leinster House was designed by Richard Cassels in 1745 for the Earls of Kildare and Leinster, The Fitzgeralds. At this time, this area was undeveloped and known as the lands...

18 February 2010

1792 – Fitzwilliam Place, Dublin

Fitzwilliam Place is the continuation of Fitzwilliam Street after it passes through Fitzwilliam Square.

18 February 2010

1965 – ESB Headquarters, Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates Fitzwilliam Street once the longest expanse of intact Georgian architecture anywhere in the world was destroyed in the 1960s when the ESB a supposedly responsible semi-state body wantonly...

18 February 2010

1760 – Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin

Named after the Fitzwilliam family, Earls of Merrion, who developed this land as part of their great estate on the southside of the Liffey. This, the most cohesive estate in Dublin was laid...

18 February 2010

1792 – Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin

Named after the Fitzwilliam family, Earls of Merrion, who developed this land as part of their great estate on the southside of the Liffey. This, the most cohesive estate in Dublin was laid...

18 February 2010

1895 – The Stags Head, Dame Court, Dublin

Architect: Alfred I. McGloughlin One of Dublin’s most lavish late Victorian pubs, The Stags Head was built in 1895. It is for a reason that Dublin barmen were known as curates and this...

18 February 2010

2006 – 3 Palace Street, Dublin

Architect: MBM Arquitecte In 1999 city architect Jim Barrett commissioned David Mackay, of Barcelona architects MBM to design a building for the site, which had previously been cleared and in use as a...

18 February 2010

1790 – Sick and Indigent Roomkeepers Society, Palace Street, Dublin

For years the only building on the short Palace Street which leads from Dame Street to the Lower Yard, Dublin Castle. Whether it is the vigorously incised plasterwork or the enigmatic society’s name...

18 February 2010

1980 – Commercial Buildings, Dame Street, Dublin

Rebuilt at a 90 degree angle after the original was demolished to make way for the Central Bank development. Originally the building crossed the pedestrian walkway to Crown Alley, what is now the...